PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
My Yoga Tutor Limited (known hereinafter as MYT, we, us, our) recognises the importance of your privacy and is committed to ensuring it is protected.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) the data controller is My Yoga Tutor Ltd of 3 The Broadway, Maidstone, Kent. ME16 8PS with company number 07972504.
Other applicable terms
Information we may collect
The information we collect about you will depend on your interaction with the Website. We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, for the purchase of products and/or services, posting material, raising general enquiries or requesting further services.
- Information that you provide when accessing the free “taster” classes on the Website such as name, email address, account password, gender.
- Information that you provide when you purchase products from our website, we collect certain personal information from you, for example your name, email address, payment address and details.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or regarding the products and/or services provided by us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Data on units/modules/classes/tutorials which may have been purchased/completed.
With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information (Aggregate Data):
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
You can decline to submit Personal Data on the Website. However, in that instance, MYT may not be able to provide all elements of the Website to you.
Where we store your Personal Data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Use of Information
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and/or services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and/or services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you ,with information about products and/or services we feel may interest you, where you have consented to such contact;
- to notify you about changes to our Website and new products and services;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and to improve the content of our Website;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so; and
- for internal record keeping.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to help develop new services or products;
- verify the identity of users.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties, including:
- our business partners who facilitate the operation of the Website and to assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website;
- our business partners or suppliers, for the performance of any contract we enter into with you and in order to provide you with the products and/or services that you order from us.
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if My Yoga Tutor Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers may be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or other agreements; or
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by emailing us at email@example.com.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and Web Beacons
When you use the Website one or more cookies (that is, small text files), that uniquely identify your browser may be sent to your computer. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can change your browser’s settings to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent; however, some features and services may not function properly if cookies are disabled. Cookies may contain account information such as your user name and password if you opt in to the automatic login option.
- Google analytics which collects anonymous information on site usage.
- WordPress cookies which allows us to enable a user to be logged in.
MYT may also use pixel tags and web beacons to track your use of the Website and Service. MYT may also include web beacons in email messages, newsletters, or other communications to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
Thank you for visiting our Website.